The Decoration Begins!
Progress Report on the Church Development
- Monday 25th and Tuesday26th – scaffold erected (to be completed on Thursday afternoon).
- Wednesday 27th – decorators in – undercoating white paintwork around the windows. Heat on to dry the paint but succeeded in drying the wooden planks on the scaffolding – walls and windows wringing wet and a very interesting odour in the church!!
- Sunday 31st – Planks drying nicely. View from above and definitely in the pink! First coat of paint applied to front and back walls and one side wall.
- Next progress report soon ….
- Saturday 6th February – Lots of progress made this week. Decorators finished all painting bar the areas blocked by the scaffolding. All light shades down and washed – if anyone knows where we could source a shade as pictured – dimensions 15cm across and 8cm deep PLEASE get in touch.
- Scaffolding due to come down on Monday 15th February; decorators finish off on Tuesday/Wednesday 16th/17th February and then a MEGA clean on Thursday and Friday 18th and 19th February ready for the Music Society Concert on Saturday 20th. IF YOU HAVE ANY TIME AND ARE ABLE TO HELP – PLEASE COME WITH DUSTER/SWEEPER OR ‘UNARMED’ AS ALL WILL BE MADE MOST WELCOME!
- Tuesday 16th February – scaffolding down (so much for the timetable!) – mammoth cleaning job to do and a bit more damage to repair!
- Wednesday 17th February – enter the ‘Clean Team’….
All carpets vacuumed, pews washed down, floorboards steam cleaned – all ready for the polishing team on Friday……
- Friday 21st February – The church gets its ‘Seal’ of Approval!
Every nook and cranny dusted and polished.
A big THANK YOU to all who have helped in the mammoth task of cleaning – what a fantastic effort – the church is now ready for Saturday’s concert and looks FAB!
- Monday 22nd February – Out with the old….
- Tuesday 23rd February – boarding today…
- Wednesday 24th February – Underlay started.
- Thursday 25th February – underlay finished – carpeting started. Thanks to the Coffee Morning customers who ‘kept their heads down’ while it was brought in!
- Friday 25th February – Carpet finished and staging up for the RNLI Concert on Saturday.
- Just a few ‘loose ends’ to tie up – which will hopefully be achieved by Sunday 20th March when you are invited to come along and share in the Palm Sunday service, which will be followed by coffee/tea and cake to celebrate the refurbishment all that may be achieved through it.